Terms and conditions
Acceptance of Terms
The Service is available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old. You represent and warrant that if you are an individual, you are of legal age to form a binding contract, and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. Company may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Service is revoked in such jurisdictions.
Access and Use of the Services
Services Description: The Services are offered as a platform to allow an individual (the “Campaign Organizer”) to post a fundraising campaign (“Campaign”) to the Platform to accept monetary donations (“Donations”) from donors (“Donors”).
Although there are no fees to set up a Campaign, industry-standard transaction fees apply (hereinafter and on the website referred to as “Transaction Fees”) to the Services rendered to Campaign Organizers. To learn more about Giving for Change’s Platform and applicable Transaction Fees, visit https://givingforchange.com/why-givingforchange.
Rules and Conduct
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content on or through the Service, including without limitation any User Submission, that:
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- You know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane;
- Constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam or chain letters;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Company or any third party; or
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Company
Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Company in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Company’s (or its third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Mail list, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service; or (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site.
You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service, except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Service, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
Projects: Fund-Raising and Commerce
https://givingforchange.com (“Giving For Change ”) is a venue for fund-raising and commerce. Giving For Change allows certain users (“Project Creators”) to list projects and raise funds from other users (“Backers”). WePay collects all funds for Project Creators. Giving For Change may, at any time, receive or hold any monies intended for Project Creators.
Giving For Change shall not be liable for your interactions with any organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Giving For Change service. This includes, but is not limited to, delivery of goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with listings on givingforchange.com does not oversee the performance or punctuality of projects. Giving For Change is not responsible for any damage or loss incurred as a result of any such dealings. All dealings are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. Giving For Change is under no obligation to become involved in disputes between Backers and Project Creators, or between site members and any third party. In the event of a dispute, you release Giving For Change its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, damages and demands of every kind, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and our service.
Though Giving For Change cannot be held liable for the actions of a Project Creator, Project Creators are nevertheless wholly responsible for fulfilling obligations both implied and stated in any project listing they create.
Giving For Change reserves the right to cancel a project listing and refund all associated members’ payments at any time for any reason. Giving For Change reserves the right to remove a project listing from public listings for any reason.
Giving For Change makes no guarantees regarding the performance or fairness of PayPal Payments. Additionally, because of occasional failures of some credit cards, Iartsfund.org cannot guarantee the full receipt of the targeted amount.
Project Creators may initiate refunds at their own discretion. Giving For Change is not responsible for issuing refunds for funds that have been collected by Project Creators. Giving For Change reserves the right to cancel, interrupt or suspend a listing at any time for any reason.
All donations and transactions are non-refundable.
Fees and Payments
Creating a Fundraising campaign on Giving For Change is free. However, a flat fee of 4% on the money raised is applicable (fees are subject to change) and is non-refundable. This is automatically deducted from the total amount being paid to the fundraiser.
All fees are collected for by WePay Payments. When you use a service that has a fee you have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that you will be charged, which we may change from time to time. Changes to that Policy are effective after we provide you with notice by posting the changes on the Sites. We may choose to temporarily change the fees for our services for promotional events (for example, free listing days) or new services, and such changes are effective when we post the temporary promotional event or new service on the Sites.
Third Party Site
The Service may permit you to link to other websites or resources on the Internet, and other websites or resources may contain links to the Site. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. These other websites are not under Company’s control, and you acknowledge that Company is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Company or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
Content and License
You agree that the Service contains Content specifically provided by Company or its partners and that such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Service.
Company grants each user of the Site and/or Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use, modify and reproduce the Content, solely for personal, non-commercial use. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for other than personal, non-commercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Company, or from the copyright holder identified in such Content’s copyright notice. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right.
Third Party Intellectual Property — Copyright Notifications
Giving For Change respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Giving For Change may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. Giving For Change will remove infringing materials in accordance with the Digital Millennium
Copyright Act if properly notified that content infringes copyright.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Giving For Change’s Copyright Agent with a written notification containing at least the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel, or see Section 512(c)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3), for more information):
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the givingforchange.com Site, sufficient for Giving For Change to locate the material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you believe that your work has been removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, please provide the Giving For Change’s Copyright Agent with a written counter-notification containing at least the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel or see Section 512(g)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(g)(3), for more information):
- A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber/user of the Services;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- The subscriber’s name, address, telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided
notifications under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the aforementioned notice requirements, your notification or counter-notification may not be valid and that Giving For Change may ignore such incomplete or inaccurate notices without liability of any kind.
Under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(f), any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing or was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
Our designated copyright agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement is:
Iartsfund.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intellectual Property Rights — Project Creators
The Service provides you with the ability upload your content to the Site. Company will not have any ownership rights in your content; however, Company needs the following license to perform the Service. You hereby grant to Company the worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, right to (and to allow others acting on its behalf to) (i) use, host, display, and otherwise perform the Service on your behalf (e.g., use, host, stream, transmit, playback, transcode, copy, display, feature, market, sell, distribute and otherwise exploit (“Host”) the content, along with all associated copyrightable works or metadata, including without limitation photographs, graphics, and descriptive text (“Artworks”) in connection with the Service); (ii) (and to allow other users to) stream, transmit, playback, download, display, feature, distribute, collect, and otherwise use the content and Artworks; and (iii) use and publish, and to permit others to use and publish, the name(s), trademarks, likenesses, and personal and biographical materials of you and the members of your group, in connection with the provision of the Service.
To enable Company to Host your content pursuant to the above provisions, you hereby grant to Company the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable right to use, reproduce, copy, and display your trademarks, service marks, slogans, logos or similar proprietary rights (collectively, the “Trademarks”) solely in connection with the Service.
Intellectual Property Rights — Users
The Service may provide users with the ability to add, create, upload, submit, distribute, collect, or post (“Submitting” or “Submission”) content, videos, audio clips, written forum comments, data, text, photographs, software, scripts, graphics, or other information to the Site (collectively, the “User Submissions”). By Submitting User Submissions on the Site or otherwise through the Service, you:
- Acknowledge that by Submitting any User Submission to the Site, you are publishing that User Submission, and that you may be identified publicly by your User ID in association with any such User Submission;
- By Submitting any User Submissions through the Site or the Service, you hereby do and shall grant Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Submissions in connection with the Site, the Service and Company’s (and its successors and assigns’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites). You also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Site and/or the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Site and the Service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions solely for personal, non-commercial use. For clarity, the foregoing license grant to Company does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Submission(s), including the right to grant additional licenses to the material in your User Submission(s), unless otherwise agreed in writing;
- You agree to pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity due to your Submission of any User Submissions to the Service;
- That the use or other exploitation of such User Submissions by Company and use or other exploitation by users of the Site and Service as contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights; and
- Understand that Company shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any materials, content or information submitted by you; and that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated and that Company will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content; and that Company cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using the Service.
Company does not endorse and has no control over any User Submission. Company cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data, which users may provide about themselves. You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to any party resulting therefrom.
Company has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Company has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gains access to the Site; what Content you access via the Site; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Company from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Company makes no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Site, and Company will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site or the Service.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. COMPANY, AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Electronic Communications Privacy Act Notice (18USC 2701-2711): COMPANY MAKES NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SITE. Company will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on Company’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (III) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) ONE-HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100.00). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where such Content is illegal. If you access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Electronic Delivery/Notice Policy and
By using the Services, you consent to receive from Iartsfund.org all communications including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures or other information in connection with the Services (collectively, “Contract Notices”) electronically. Iartsfund.org may provide such electronic Contract Notices by posting them on the Iartsfund.org Site. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive Contract Notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of the Iartsfund.org Site and Services.
These Terms of Service (and any further rules, policies or guidelines incorporated by reference herein) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods. You agree that the company (and all Services) is deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Iartsfund.org or its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than the State of California. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms, or your use or non-use of the Services, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the District of Columbia (Washington, DC) and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. You hereby irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any such dispute, action or proceeding.
Integration and Severability